DIS is not the same in 2021, just different.
Due to Coronavirus restrictions, it will not take place in Berlin at the end of March as many of you would have become accustomed to since the Summit launched in 2007.
However, all is not lost.
FIPP and VDZ members can attend all five seminars for FREE! The rate for non-members is only a nominal €99. What's more, all attendees will also get a digital edition of the Innovation Report, absolutely free.
Sign up today!
The DIS seminar-series will run on the following dates (start times for all seminars are 9 am EST / 2 pm GMT / 3 pm CET / 7:30 pm IST):
- Tuesday 9 March: Launch of the new Innovation Report and discussion of new demands on people, culture, and work. Guest speakers include Liz Vaccariello, Editor in Chief of Real Simple, and Dan Wakeford, Editor in Chief of People, both at Meredith Corporation in the US.
- Tuesday 23 March: We look at the explosion of podcasting and consider other audio innovations, such as the rise of Clubhouse. Amy Briggs, Host,Overheard at National Geographic, USA will join us for this conversation alongside potentially one other guest, to be announced.
- Tuesday 6 April: Sustainability and climate considerations are increasingly an essential part of business, even if not always front of mind and centre as it should be. Join us for a conversation on media innovations and responsibilities in the area of sustainability and climate change. Our guest is Andy Marshall, Group Managing Director at Immediate Media Co., UK, a Burda media company.
- Tuesday 20 April: In this webinar, we will focus on jaw-dropping innovations in journalism from a creativity and storytelling perspective. Adil Sbai, CEO of weCreate in Austria, will join the conversation to talk, among other things, about creative storytelling on Tik-Tok. More guests will be announced soon.
- Tuesday 4 May: We end our DIS seminar-series with a conversation about the five technologies our panellists believe you should think about next. Rebekah Billingsley, Global Innovation Director at Cedar Communications in the UK is confirmed to join the conversation. More guests will be announced soon.
Attendance for FIPP and VDZ members is free. For non-members it is €99. All attendees get a free digital edition of the new FIPP Innovation in Media World Report, launching during the first seminar on 9 March. Sign up now!
Organised and hosted by FIPP, the network for global media, and VDZ, the German publishers' association, DIS launched in 2007 as an annual event to help our members on their digital transformation journeys.
We hope to see you online in 2021. Sign up here.
Feel free to get in touch with: