We are pleased to announce Gary Liu, CEO of South China Morning Post, as a speaker for the 11th Digital Innovators’ Summit (DIS) taking place from 18-20 March 2018 in Berlin, Germany.
With his background as CEO of Digg, Head of Labs at Spotify and roles at AOL and Google, among others, Gary is uniquely positioned to drive through the digital-first transformation of South China Morning Post (SCMP), the leading Hong Kong-based news and media company acquired in April 2016 by Alibaba.
***Meet Gary in Berlin. Discounted pre-agenda tickets for DIS2018 are available until 1 December, saving you €600 on final rates. Get your discounted ticket here***
About South China Morning Post
South China Morning Post has reported on China and Asia for more than a century with global impact. Founded in 1903, SCMP is headquartered in Hong Kong, where it is the city’s newspaper of record. Along with its flagship news products, SCMP is also Asia’s leading magazine publisher with a portfolio of premium lifestyle and fashion titles including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Harper’s BAZAAR & The PEAK.
About Gary Liu
Prior to joining SCMP in January 2017, Gary was CEO of Digg, spearheading the New York startup’s transformation from aggregator to a data-driven news platform. Gary also previously worked at Spotify, AOL and Google. Born in the United States, Gary grew up in Taiwan and New Zealand, before returning to the American Northeast where he lived and worked for 20 years. Gary is an Economics graduate from Harvard University. At DIS, Gary will not only share more the transformation of and his vision for South China Morning Post, but will also discuss his thoughts on future challenges and opportunities facing legacy media companies at an industry-wide level.
Other speakers confirmed so far
Here are some of the other speakers so far confirmed for DIS2018:
- Breton Fischetti, Senior Director: Insider Picks, Business Insider, USA
- Helje Solbert, CEO and Editor, VGTV, Schibsted, Norway
- Hilmar Mulder, Chief Editor: Libelle, Sanoma, The Netherlands
- Jenny Woods, Social Media Research Lead, BBC, UK
- Keith Hernandez, SVP of Strategy, Bleacher Report, USA
- Louise Roug, International Director, HuffPost, UK
- Mark Stencel, Co-director: The Reporter’s Lab, Duke University, USA
- Molly Miller, Chief Content Officer, ALM Media, USA
- Sara Wilkins, Digital Editor, ALT., Denmark
- Troy Young, Global President, Hearst Digital Media, USA
- Will McInnes, Chief Marketing Officer, Brandwatch, UK
***Save €600 on final rates by registering with our exclusive pre-agenda offer ***